Terms & Conditions
MEAD MONEY MADNESS REWARDS PROGRAM TERMS AND CONDITIONS
A. Participation in the MEAD MONEY MADNESS Rewards Program
- The Mead Money Madness Rewards Program ("Rewards Program") is void where prohibited by law. Open to legal residents of the United States, the District of Columbia and Canada, excluding Quebec, who are at least thirteen (13) years of age or older. The Rewards Program is sponsored by MWV Consumer & Office Products, a division of MeadWestvaco Corporation, 4751 Hempstead Station Drive, Kettering, OH 45429 ("Sponsor"). Sponsor will not ship any Rewards Program items to destinations outside of the United States. For Canadian participants, Rewards Program items will be shipped to addresses in Canada by a Canadian company acting as the fulfillment agent of the Sponsor.
- The current phase of the Rewards Program is scheduled to begin July 5, 2011, at 12:00 noon Eastern Time ("ET") and end on March 30, 2012, at 11:59:59 a.m. ET ("Rewards Program Period"). Once the Rewards Program Period ends, you may redeem Rewards Points accumulated during the Rewards Program until April 30, 2012, at 11:59:59 a.m. Sponsor reserves the right to shorten, extend, suspend, modify, or cancel the Rewards Program, at its discretion, at any time with or without notice.
- The Rewards Program is open to individuals only. Corporations, associations, including school organizations, or other groups may not participate in the Rewards Program. The following individuals are also NOT eligible to participate in the Rewards Program: (a) employees of Sponsor; (b) Sponsor's affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies; (c) employees of any other person or entity involved in the development, administration or execution of the Rewards Program; and (d) the immediate family members and/or those living in the same household as persons set forth in items (a) through (c) above.
- Participation in the Rewards Program constitutes each participant's full and unconditional agreement to these Terms and Conditions, and representation that participant meets the eligibility requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions. Those who do not comply with these Terms and Conditions will be prohibited from participating in the Rewards Program.
- In order to participate, individuals must register at www.meadmoneymadness.com or www.mead.com (the "Web sites") and expressly accept these Terms and Conditions. PARTICIPANTS CAN HAVE ONLY ONE (1) REWARDS PROGRAM ACCOUNT REGARDLESS OF E-MAIL or PHYSICAL ADDRESSES PROVIDED AT REGISTRATION. Any participant who registers/creates more than one (1) Rewards Program Account will forfeit all additional accounts and all accumulated Rewards Points (including all Activity, Bonus Activity and Purchase Points) in those accounts. Sponsor may delete the additional accounts without notice to participant. Participant will only be permitted to keep the first Rewards Program Account that he/she created as determined by Sponsor using the date and time stamp recorded by the Rewards Program database. Rewards Points from forfeited accounts will not be transferred, combined or redistributed to the remaining Rewards Program Account. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate information supplied by participant or changes in participant's e-mail address or physical address while participating in the Rewards Program.
- Participants are responsible for obtaining all necessary equipment and services needed to access the Web sites and all charges associated therewith.
B. Modification and Termination of the Rewards Program
- Sponsor may modify any of the Terms and Conditions governing the Rewards Program or information provided on the Web sites including, but not limited to, Rewards Program duration, Rewards Points methods of collection, Rewards Points values, and rewards items available, at any time, with or without notice, even though these changes may affect a participant's ability to accrue or use accumulated Reward Points.
- Sponsor reserves the right to temporarily suspend or terminate the Rewards Program at any time or for any reason, with or without notice, even though termination may affect participant's ability to use Rewards Points.
- A participant's continued participation in the Rewards Program constitutes his or her acceptance of any changes to these Terms and Conditions. The most current version of these Terms and Conditions will be posted on the Web sites and will supersede all prior versions of these Terms and Conditions.
C. Obtaining UPC Codes/Receipts/Points
- Ways to Earn Purchase Points: Purchase participating and specially marked Mead® products and then visit www.meadmoneymadness.com or www.mead.com and enter the UPC code for points ("Purchase Points"). Participants must save their original store receipts that list the Mead products purchased for redemption and validation purposes. Purchase Points can be accumulated throughout Rewards Program Period. UPC codes/receipts from nonparticipating products, other brands or from other manufacturers do not qualify and will not be accepted as valid.
- Ways to Earn Activity Points: Participants may receive activity points ("Activity Points") by participating in activities on the Web sites during the Rewards Program Period. Activities may include answering poll or trivia questions, playing online games, downloading useful study tools, viewing product demos or creating instant-messenger icons. Therefore, participants should visit www.meadmoneymadness.com or www.mead.com regularly to find fun ways to earn Activity Points. The point values for each activity will be outlined on the Web site and are subject to change.
- Bonus Activity Points: From time to time, Sponsor may issue or award Bonus Activity Points via codes or through other methods to participants. Bonus Activity Point values are subject to the Sponsor's sole discretion. To start Mead Money Madness off with a bang, Sponsor is awarding all returning participants 1000 Bonus Activity Points just for participating in this year's program. New participants can earn 1000 Bonus Points by registering for this year's program and completing the registration survey.
- Rewards Points Limitations:
- Purchase Points: There is no limitation to the number of Purchase Points a participant may earn throughout the Rewards Program Period.
- Activity Points: Participants can earn up to 800 Activity Points per each full calendar month during the Rewards Program Period. For the month of July 2011, Activity Points are prorated; participants can earn up to 650 Activity Points. Total number of Activity Points that can be earned throughout the Rewards Program Period is 7,050. The 7,050 Activity Points does not include the initial 1000 Bonus Activity Points, which you will receive as a returning participant this year or by completing the registration survey if you are a new participant, or any additional Bonus Activity Points which may be awarded throughout the Rewards Program Period at Sponsor's sole discretion. Any unauthorized accumulation of Activity Points may result in the forfeiture of such points or participant's disqualification from the Rewards Program, which could result in the loss of all accumulated Rewards Points in participant's account.
- All references to "Rewards Points" include Purchase Points, Activity Points and Bonus Activity Points. Rewards Points do not constitute property of the participant and can be revoked at any time as provided in these Terms and Conditions. Sponsor reserves the right to rescind Rewards Points credited to an account that were obtained as a result of fraudulent activity or technical failure or malfunction of any kind. Sponsor will also have the right to discontinue the participation privileges of any participant who engages in fraudulent activities or uses the Rewards Program in any manner inconsistent with these Terms and Conditions as determined solely by Sponsor. Discontinued participation may result in the loss of all accumulated Rewards Points.
- Rewards Points have no cash value and cannot be directly purchased or redeemed for cash and cannot be transferred, sold or assigned. Rewards Points are only redeemable for Rewards items offered on the Web sites.
- Once Rewards Points are registered to a participant's account, the points are not transferable or assignable and may only be used by that participant, except as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- The sale, barter, transfer or assignment of any accumulated Rewards Points is strictly prohibited. Participants may not combine Rewards Points obtained by others for deposit into a single participant account, nor transfer, sell or otherwise dispose of Rewards Points in a manner in violation of these Terms and Conditions. Any attempted use or accumulation of Rewards Points in any manner not authorized herein may result in the forfeiture of all Rewards Points, disqualification from the Rewards Program and termination of the participant's Rewards Program Account. Sponsor reserves the right to take any other additional action it deems appropriate, in its sole discretion, in the event that Sponsor believes that a participant has violated any of these Terms and Conditions.
- Rewards Points Expiration: You may earn Rewards Points until March 30, 2012, at 11:59:59 a.m. ET unless extended or otherwise modified by Sponsor. All Rewards Points accumulated during the Rewards Program may be redeemed until April 30, 2012, at 11:59:59 a.m. Any Rewards Points remaining in the participant's account will expire after April 30, 2012, at 11:59:59 a.m. and will be forfeited without compensation.
D. Redeeming Rewards Points
- A participant may visit www.meadmoneymadness.com or www.mead.com to redeem their Rewards Points for available Rewards items while supplies last.
- The Web site will list the corresponding Rewards Points values for each available item. No redemption request for a reward item can exceed the total number of eligible Rewards Points available in the participant's account at the time of the redemption request. Further, no redemption request can exceed the total number of Rewards Points a participant could have legitimately earned up to that point in the Rewards Program Period.
- Sponsor reserves the right to modify the Rewards items and their corresponding Rewards Points values at any time and for any reason during the Rewards Program Period. Sponsor provides no guarantee that any Rewards items will remain available for the entire term of the Rewards Program Period. Rewards items may be available only in limited quantities or while supplies last, and will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. Participants should regularly consult the Web site for updates about reward availability.
- To redeem Rewards Points, visit the Web Sites by 11:59:59 a.m. ET on April 30, 2012, and download, print out and follow the instructions to complete the official Redemption Form. Please indicate the item selected and the number of Rewards Points required for that item. Alternatively, participants may provide all the required information on a separate 8½" x 11" piece of paper. Only submissions that contain complete (as specified on the Official Redemption Form) and legible information will be accepted. Each submission must consist of: (1) a completed Official Redemption Form; and (2) original receipts corresponding to the appropriate quantity of Purchase Points being redeemed for the selected item(s). Participants are required to send redemption request(s) via Certified Mail (US Residents) or Registered Mail (Canadian Residents) in a secure and appropriately sized envelope or package with proper postage. US Residents: Send redemption request to: "Mead Money Madness Rewards Program Redemption," P.O. Box 7430, Wilton, CT 06897-7430. Canadian Residents: Send redemption request(s) to: "Mead Money Madness Rewards Program Redemption," Attention: Anne Jackson, Marketing Coordinator, Hilroy, 7381 Bramalea Road, Mississauga, ON L5S 1C4. All mailed redemption requests and corresponding documentation must be received by May 14, 2012. Participants are advised to make a copy of the redemption form and all receipts for their records prior to submission; all materials submitted become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned, except at Sponsor's discretion.
- Sponsor will notify participant if he/she has submitted an inadequate number of receipts for requested item(s) or has otherwise not complied with the requirements of the program. Only original copies of receipts will be accepted. Incomplete, damaged, mechanically reproduced, altered, taped, stapled, forged receipts and photocopied receipts, or receipts that are tampered with in any way will not be accepted. Any of these receipts will be deemed invalid. Receipts are subject to verification by Sponsor. Sponsor will determine verification in its sole discretion.
- Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, stolen, incomplete, misdirected, mutilated, damaged or illegible redemption requests, or postage-due mail.
- All rewards will be sent to the address provided in participant's account. It is participant's obligation to keep such account information up to date. Upon redemption request verification, please allow 10–12 weeks for delivery of the Rewards item requested. Sponsor is not responsible for any Rewards items returned as undeliverable due to inaccurate information provided by participant or changes in participant's address.
- All Rewards Point redemptions are final. Except as otherwise provided in these Terms and Conditions, no refunds will be provided on any Rewards item. If for any reason a Rewards item is received damaged, becomes unavailable or cannot be fulfilled, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to replace the item with a similar item of equal or greater value.
F. General Terms and Conditions
- Sponsor reserves the right to suspend or discontinue the eligibility of any person who uses or, in the case of suspension, is suspected of using the Rewards Program in a manner inconsistent with these Terms and Conditions or any federal, state or provincial laws, statutes or ordinances. Any attempts by an individual to access the site via a bot script or other brute-force attack will result in that IP address becoming ineligible. In addition to suspension or discontinuance of Rewards Program eligibility, Sponsor has the right to take appropriate administrative and/or legal action, including criminal prosecution, as it deems necessary in its sole discretion.
- Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Rewards Program may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any of these Terms and Conditions will not constitute a waiver of that, or any other, provision.
- All questions or disputes regarding eligibility for the Rewards Program, the availability of Rewards items, or a participant's compliance with these Terms and Conditions will be resolved by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- The Rewards Program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.
G. Limitation of Liability
- MeadWestvaco Consumer & Office Products, and its respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and promotional and advertising agencies are not responsible for any printing or computer error, omission, interruption, irregularity, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of Rewards Program materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of Rewards Program information due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any Web site or any combination thereof. In the event that online access is temporarily corrupted and suspended, notice of such will be provided at the Web sites and participants will be advised to hold receipts until such time that the Rewards Program as originally intended may be resumed.
- By participating in the Rewards Program, each participant accepts all responsibility for, and hereby releases and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless MeadWestvaco Consumer & Office Products and its respective parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, promotion and advertising agencies, franchisees and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, successors, assigns and service providers from and against any claims, liabilities, damages or expenses that may arise from actions taken by such participant and/or participant's participation in the Rewards Program, or for any harm or injury caused by any third party.
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, WILL MEADWESTVACO CONSUMER & OFFICE PRODUCTS AND ITS RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, SHAREHOLDERS, AGENTS, FRANCHISEES, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE REWARDS PROGRAM OR ANY PURCHASED ITEM OFFERED THROUGH THE REWARDS PROGRAM, EVEN IF ANY OR ALL OF THE FOREGOING OR ANY OF ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, AND THEREFORE, SUCH EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF SPONSOR IMPROPERLY DENIES A PARTICIPANT ANY PURCHASED ITEM, LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE EQUIVALENT FAIR MARKET VALUE OF ITEM. TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, BY PARTICIPATING IN THE REWARDS PROGRAM, A PARTICIPANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO BRING ANY CLAIM OR ACTION RELATED TO SUCH MATTERS IN ANY FORUM BEYOND ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE FIRST OCCURRENCE OF THE KIND OF ACT, EVENT, CONDITION OR OMISSION UPON WHICH THE CLAIM OR ACTION IS BASED.
- MeadWestvaco Consumer & Office Products and its respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, agents, franchisees, successors, assigns and service providers are not responsible for any products or services offered on the Web sites. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWABLE BY LAW, SPONSOR SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES. To the fullest extent allowable by law, Sponsor specifically disclaims any representations or warranties, expressed or implied, regarding the products and/or services offered in the Rewards Program, including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, and implied warranties arising from course of dealing or course of performance. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
- As a condition of participating in this Rewards Program, participant agrees that, except where prohibited, any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Rewards Program or any item purchased therein will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the state of Connecticut. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Terms and Conditions, participant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Rewards Program, will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of Connecticut, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state of Connecticut or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state of Connecticut.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such provision will be severed from the remainder of these Terms and Conditions, which will otherwise remain in full force and effect.
- Sponsored by: MWV Consumer & Office Products, a division of MeadWestvaco Corporation, 4751 Hempstead Station Drive, Kettering, OH 45429.
©2011 MeadWestvaco Corporation