13 WAYS TO PREPARE FOR (AND TAKE) A BIG TEST
Someone once said “The harder I work, the luckier I seem to get.” Funny how that works. Since we’re on the topic, did you know that 13 could be your lucky number? It’s true! Follow these 13 tips for test-taking and you’ll find that “luck” just might be on your side during your next big test.
- Be prepared. Start studying weeks before a big test.
- Research. It’s not just for term papers. Know your test subject matter.
- Study gear. For instance, use note cards to improve memorization.
- Group think. Study with friends for added fun.
- Ask them questions. Meet with your teachers after school.
- Hit up your parents. Believe it or not they still remember some stuff.
- Practice makes (pretty darn close to) perfect. Practice taking the test.
- Sleep on it. Eight hours will make a difference.
- Brain…need…food. A good breakfast and lunch improve mental sharpness.
- Don’t get caught without the right tools. Have your No. 2 pencils ready.
- Stay calm. Take a deep breath. You can accomplish anything.
- Go slow. Read each question carefully. Kinda hard to answer otherwise.
- Review everything. Make sure you’ve answered all questions. Duh!
Oh, and good luck!